If you've been thinking about whitening your teeth, consider the following:
- Teeth whitening products depend on hydrogen peroxide to penetrate into the dentin in order to lift stains. When you choose whitening in a dental office, a special light is used to accelerate that process, so you get noticeable results almost instantly.
- Teeth whitening can help lift most staining or discoloration caused by diet and lifestyle choices, but bleaching cannot change the color of dental prosthetics (such as crowns and veneers).
- If your tooth enamel has thinned due to age and this is making your smile look discolored, teeth bleaching may not give you the results you’re looking for. Instead, choosing porcelain dental veneers allows your teeth to appear whiter and healthier.
- Over-the-counter, at-home whitening products are one-size-fits-all packages that come with whitening trays which are not customized to fit your smile. This means that the bleaching agent isn't securely kept in place, and your results are not ideal.
- When you seek whitening at a dental office, you’ll get customized treatment and touch-up kits, so you can achieve the results you want in a quicker and more effective manner. You’ll also be able to make your white smile last longer by using custom-made trays at home.
If you've been looking for a way to get a whiter and brighter smile, contact our office for more information. We provide both in-office teeth whitening with Zoom! and customized take-home whitening trays. Best of all, your cosmetic treatment will be managed by a team of skilled cosmetic dentists, so you can trust that your results will be exactly what you’d hoped for.